Dental fear and anxiety are one of the leading causes of poor oral health. Many patients contribute their dental fear and anxiety to a past dental experience, fear of needles, and fear of pain.
At Sensational Smile in Plano TX, Dr. Mark Sowell works with you to create a comfortable, relaxing dental experience. We understand that dental fear can be debilitating, so we take the time to understand your anxiety, listen to your concerns, and create a treatment plan based on your needs. We utilize laser dentistry, sedation dentistry and a firm understanding of oral health to provide our patients a stress-free experience in our Plano, TX dental office.
Overcoming Dental Fear and Anxiety
Patients with dental fear may develop complex dental problems due to lack of preventive dental care. This can lead to feelings of embarrassment or shame because of their smile. Dr. Sowell is a highly trained dentist in Plano, TX dedicated to improving patient smiles through personalized dental care.
Tips for dealing with dental fear:
- Disclose your dental fear and anxiety to Dr. Sowell and our dental care team. We can work with you to create a relaxing space where you feel comfortable, informed, and safe throughout your treatment.
- Bring a friend with you to your dental visit.
- Listen to music or an audiobook during your treatment.
- Ask about our sedation dentistry options. Sedation dentistry can be used for patients who need more than one treatment, have a strong gag reflex, who have dental fear and have sensitive teeth. We offer Oral Sedation Dentistry and IV Sedation Dentistry. Dr. Sowell will review your medical history, assess the condition of your teeth, and consult with you one on one before determining which sedation dentistry option is right for you.
- Practice deep breathing exercises before your treatment.
Schedule An Appointment
We welcome patients with dental fear to visit Sensational Smile sin Plano, TX. We offer compassionate, patients centered dental care to those in need. Dr. Sowell will work with you to provide the treatment you need to enhance your natural smile. To learn more about Sensational Smiles, call (972) 382-6855 or schedule an appointment online.