Do you need to replace your dental crown?
Crowns may need to be replaced for cosmetic or oral health reasons. Replace your dental crown if you feel pain or swelling, or notice your gum line receding. Additionally, a dental crown is no longer effective if it is loose or damaged. Dr. Mark Sowell and his professional dental team craft custom dental crowns to patients in the Plano, Texas area. Learn more about how long dental crowns last as well as dental crown treatment below:
How Long Do Dental Crowns Last?
The permanence of your dental crown will depend on a variety of factors:
- Personal oral health: Those with misaligned teeth or bruxism (teeth clenching and grinding) need corresponding treatment before receiving dental crowns.
- Professional dental care: Highly qualified dentists ensure that dental crowns fit patients properly and feel comfortable.
- Dental crown material: Porcelain crowns last from five to fifteen years. Metal crowns may last longer but do not offer a natural looking restoration.
Dental Crown Treatment in Plano, TX
Dental crowns are used to:
- Stabilize a tooth after a root canal or dental filling
- Repair weak and damaged teeth
- Cover a dental implant
- Support a dental bridge
- Brighten discolored teeth
Before treating patients, Dr. Sowell takes their goals, into consideration. He examines teeth and gums to see if they are healthy enough for treatment. If needed, Dr. Sowell will provide root canal treatment, a dental filling, or remove an old dental crown. The tooth or teeth receiving treatment are reshaped and given digital impressions. Dr. Sowell and ceramist James Chung work together to create ceramic dental crowns and porcelain veneers at our in-office laboratory. When complete, the custom dental crown or crowns are secured for patient comfort.
Schedule an Appointment
Are you looking for a dental restoration for a healthier smile? Call our Plano, TX office to receive dental crown treatment today at (972) 382-6855. You can request a consultation with Dr. Sowell on our website. Have any remaining questions? Ask a member of our staff and they will be happy to answer questions about your treatment options and our dental services.