Orthodontics An Overview
Having crooked teeth can be embarrassing. Many adult patients feel like they can not seek out treatment and spend years smiling with their lips closed, or covering their mouths. Crooked teeth are also more than a cosmetic concern. Misaligned teeth can cause excessive wear and damage to your teeth, can make it difficult to practice proper oral hygiene and can cause TMJ related pain.
If your teeth are misaligned, and you are looking for a clear way to improve your smile, Dallas area dentist Dr. Mark Sowell may recommend Invisalign®/ClearCorrect™ aligners or Six Month Smiles®. There are often two types of patients considering orthodontics: those who simply have misaligned teeth, with no other cosmetic concerns and those who have problems with the alignment, shape and/or color of their teeth.
"I have received thorough and professional treatment and customer service for over 20 years from Dr. Sowell and his staff! I totally trust Dr. Sowell and his staff to take care of my teeth and gums. They are always extremely…Joe G.
"STATE OF THE ART, BEAUTIFUL PRACTICE, EXCELLENT STAFF. DR. SOWELL IS AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME."Octavio R.
"Outstanding dental care--I couldn't be more pleased"Susan W.
Orthodontics What to Expect
If you suffer from the embarrassment of having crooked teeth, Dr. Sowell offers clear braces options. Ideal for teens and adults with mild to moderate orthodontic concerns, Invisalign/ClearCorrect aligners, fixed clear braces or Six Month Smiles produce effective results. Now you can discreetly straighten your teeth at any age without the embarrassment or discomfort of metal braces.
Options For A Straighter Smile Plano, TX
- Instant Orthodontics– For instantly straighter teeth, Dr. Sowell often utilizes dental bonding or porcelain veneers. Both can also correct discolored teeth and gapped teeth. Instead of waiting months or years, instant orthodontics can give you straighter teeth in about two weeks.
- Invisalign® and ClearCorrect™– Clear braces is a popular choice among adults who want a straighter smile but do not want to deal with the hassle of wearing metal braces. These clear aligner systems will use a series of aligners that will gradually move teeth into proper alignment.
- Six Month Smiles®– This is a short term orthodontic treatment that utilizes brackets and wires that are tooth-colored. This makes them hardly noticeable. These are a great option for patients who just need to straighten teeth in the cosmetic zone making the treatment time much faster.
Orthodontic systems like Invisalign/ClearCoreect and Six Month Smiles are fast, effective and discreet. These systems straighten just the front teeth in a patient’s smile. These teeth may be straightened very quickly, reducing the needed time, to fit the adult lifestyle.
Straightening Teeth Without Braces
Patients of any age can straighten their teeth. If clear braces are not an option, Dr. Sowell may recommend a cosmetic procedure to straighten the appearance of your smile. If the shape of your teeth are undesirable because of wear, bonded ceramics like dental crowns or porcelain veneers may be the best solution.
- Dental Crowns– A dental crown covers the entire tooth and is permanently bonded into place. The crown provides strength, aesthetics and lasting durable function. Dental crowns are stain and decay resistant and can last for many years. Dental crowns can be color matched to blend seamlessly with your smile for beautiful results.
- Porcelain Veneers– Porcelain veneers are very thin shells that are secured to the front of a tooth to disguise teeth imperfections and improve the appearance. Using impressions, they are customized for a precise fit to each tooth. They are considered a permanent dental restoration since a small amount of the tooth surface needs to be removed.