When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, one of the most important decisions you can make is choosing the right dentist. What sets one cosmetic dentist apart from another is his or her level of training, experience, and artistic ability. Improve the aesthetics of your smile and improve the quality of your life. A beautiful smile starts with a healthy oral foundation, and Fort Worth, TX dentist Dr. Mark Sowell has the training and experience to provide patients with both.
Cosmetic Dentist in Fort Worth
Dr. Sowell is a leading cosmetic dentist in the US in terms of the amount of training and credentials he has earned throughout his 25-year-plus career. His dental office is located in Plano, Texas, just north of Dallas and only about an hour from Fort Worth.
Dr. Sowell’s Credentials:
- Fellow & Accredited Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Master of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow of the International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
In addition, Dr. Sowell has earned numerous media accolades:
- “Top Cosmetic Dentist in Dallas” by D Magazine
- “Best Dentist in America” listed by Woodward / White Publishing
- “Super Dentist in Dallas for Cosmetic Dentistry” by Texas Monthly
Cosmetic Smile Makeover in Fort Worth, TX
Look in the mirror. Smile. What do you see? What do you want to change? What would a smile makeover mean to you?
Sure, cosmetic dentistry is about improving the way your teeth look. But it’s also about enhancing your appearance in a very natural way and improving your overall self-confidence and quality of life. Each smile makeover case that walks through the doors of our Dallas area dental office receives personalized attention. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Dr. Sowell will build a customized treatment plan that helps you achieve your aesthetic goals. Treatments may include the following:
- Porcelain Dental Crowns: Porcelain dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that fit over and completely encase a damaged tooth. They strengthen a weak or decayed tooth and restore its original shape, size, and strength. We can also improve the appearance of a stained tooth, or cover a dental implant using a porcelain crown. Our porcelain crowns will closely match the color of your natural teeth and look and feel just like a real tooth.
- Tooth Bonding: Tooth bonding is a cosmetic procedure that typically uses a resin material to fix minor flaws in teeth, such as chips, gaps and discoloration. We can also use dental bonding to shape teeth, fill in small cracks, or protect an exposed tooth root due to receding gums.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a common dental procedure that we provide to lighten the color of your teeth. We use special products, such as whitening gels and bleaches to apply directly to your teeth, or bleaching trays that fit over your teeth like a mouthguard. Your results can last up to a few years depending on your oral hygiene routine and lifestyle choices.
- Orthodontics: We provide clear aligners for our patients with mild to moderate malocclusion issues. Clear aligners are much more comfortable and less conspicuous than metal braces.
- Gum Lift: Dr. Sowell can provide you with a gum lift to correct a gummy smile and gum health issues. A gum lift is a surgical procedure that we use to reshape your gums and also help them recover from gum disease.
- Porcelain Veneers: Our dentist can correct a number of cosmetic issues using porcelain veneers. From closing gaps between your teeth to repairing a chipped tooth, Dr. Sowell can fix it.
Fixing Discolored Teeth in Fort Worth, TX
One of the most common complaints we hear is, “I’m ok with the way my teeth look. I just wish they were whiter”. Yellow teeth, stained teeth, dark teeth – these can cause so much embarrassment, and yet they are relatively easy to fix.
One of the easiest and most affordable ways to lighten teeth is with a teeth whitening treatment. Dr. Sowell offers a variety of options. One of the quickest and most effective is the Zoom in-office teeth whitening system, which can lighten teeth by up to 8 shades in under an hour. Dr. Sowell also offers customized bleaching trays that can be used at home. At-home whitening usually lightens teeth more dramatically than in-office treatment over a period of two to three weeks.
Teeth whitening can be used to treat teeth that are yellow or dark because of the following:
- Coffee/tea drinking
- Dark foods and drinks (like red wine)
- Certain types of medication
Some deeply stained or dark teeth may not whiten with the bleaching treatment. In those cases, Dr. Sowell may recommend tooth bonding, veneers, or dental crowns to cover the teeth and improve their apparent color.
Schedule A Dental Exam Near You
Learn more about cosmetic dentistry treatments by calling our office for a consultation with Dr. Sowell. Dr. Sowell provides personalized and quality cosmetic dentistry in Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, and surrounding Texas communities near you.